Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Kabletown Wedding Quilt {A Finished Quilt}

Continuing to backlog my quilty finishes from 2015. This is a wedding quilt I made for my mom and step-dad. I started the quilt in May and finished in June. The wedding was early July.



My mom and stepdad love to be outdoors hiking, kayaking, biking etc. They live in a beautiful home overlooking the Appalachian Trail. I wanted to quilt to have a cozy log cabin feel to it.

I double the size of the mountain block and went scrappy as I tend to do. Here are some of the blocks during production:



Really big blocks and simple piecing meant that this project moved quickly. That was exactly what I needed seeing as I gave myself very little time and had 3 8 month old kids competing for my attention at the time.



I used a red plaid flannel for the backing and quilted a diagonal grid on either side of the points to highlight them.It finished at 96 x 108".

I love the feeling of the finished product. It is perfect for snuggles in a mountain retreat. I named it Kabletown because I watched a LOT of 30 Rock while making this quilt only to realize my mom lives off of a Kabletown road. I took this as a sign that I watched too much 30 Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment