Sunday, October 20, 2013

Baby Shower!

Ok, so I went to a baby shower a few weeks ago. I made that hip diaper bag. I also promised I would blog about the shower since it was the least awkward/most fun one I have been to ever.

First off - The party was planned by the Aunt-to-be and she did a great job. Within the invitation there was a piece of card-stock for us to return with little messages, drawings, pieces of advice etc for the parents and baby.
I chose to decorate mine with tsuru bunting and some quotes from the Series of Unfortunate Events books which are known to give generally good advice. The quotes I chose were...

"Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them"
"Your initial opinion on anyone or anything may change over time"
"If everyone fought fire with fire, the world would go up in smoke"
"It is always sad when someone leaves home, unless they are simply going around the corner for ice cream sandwhiches"(NOTE: this one has special relevance for me and the mom-to-be because our friends are moving away left and right, consequently I've had to buy my own ice cream sandwiches!)
"If you are allergic to a thing it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if that thing is cats"

Baby Cods is going to the most fashionable kid out there with the embellished onesies everyone made at the party. Bring on the puffy paint! These are the two I made.

The theme of the party was books. Everyone was encouraged to give baby Cods some new books or a book instead of a card. I chose to get her started early on Laura Ingalls Wilder books with Little House in the Big Woods. The house was decorated with books:



Mount Presents

Plus there was cake!

All in all it was a jolly good time and now we are just waiting for baby Cods to make her appearance.

1 comment: