Monday, May 13, 2013

SMS Give-a-winner


Thank you everyone for the comments. I truly enjoyed reading each one. I have had the periodic table on the brain lately because I just finished working with General Chemistry students all year and I bought these TOMS to celebrate. I love 'em and wear them periodically!


I also love graphs. I decided to sift through all 345 comments and tally up just what your favorite element is. Here are the results:

Quilter's favorite Elements

Analysis: 24% of quilters are concerned with having enough Oxygen (O) to breathe and water to drink (9% Hydrogren (H)). There is a significant proportion of materialistic quilters out there who want more gold (Au, 10%), Silver (Ag, 6%) and Platinum (Pt, 2%).  Approximately 9% of quilters are level-headed stable people who enjoy a nobel gas or they are into Superman (go Krypton!). Five percent of those surveyed picked carbon (C) and must value important things like life and organic chemistry. Salt in the form of Na (plus Cl to make the salt) is pretty popular coming in at 4%. Several of you go for the elements that don't match their symbols (Lead (Pb), Tungsten (W), Antimony (Sb), Tin (Sn) and way more people than I though remember the symbol for Lead as peanut butter and jelly. Then there are the hipster elements lovers (because you've probably never heard of them, (Other 9%)). If you are interested in learning more about the periodic table may I recommend this book: The Disapearing Spoon

And because you may be curious - My favorite element would have to be Mendelevium (Md) because Mendel is the father of the periodic table and I herald from Maryland. I also have a fondness for Carbon  as the basis for organic molecules and the nobel gasses for being way more stable than I am.

Sew Mama Sew Give-a-way Day

And now for the moment you have all been waiting for. Since I got so many new followers I thought I would pick 2, yes TWO winners. And the winners are...drum roll please.... 
and as usual I forgot to screenshot the second one so you will have to trust me that it is #209! Here is what they said:



I have already heard back from one of the winners. If I don't hear back from the other winner by Wednesday I will draw another. 


2 comments:

  1. You made a pie chart. Of course you did.

    And I snorted when you said you wear your Toms periodically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your scientific analysis of the results!

    ReplyDelete