Wednesday, March 20, 2013

WIP Wednesday - Secret progress

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Very productive week turning this...

Into this...
The top is not complete. I still need to sew the rows together. As you can now see, I am making a huge jungle paths quilt designed by sewcraftyjes and available on Moda bake shop. I made the baby sized version last year.

 The centers are a mix of All Hands on Deck and fabrics gathered from the family. Some are minky, some are from old clothes of loved ones, some are even legit quilting cotton (but not many!). I placed them sporadically around the top. It has been tricky working with these fabrics but in the end it makes the quilt so special.

This week I am in love with the fussy cut fishermen. He looks dapper surrounded by metro dots don't you think!

And lastly, a sneaky peak at my pouch for the stash bash. It's technically not a WIP because I finished it lightning quick after hearing about the pouch swap. Not to toot my own horn (honk, honk) but whoever goes home with this baby is a lucky duck. I put a lot of love into it. Full post after the stash bashing.


WIP on WIPpers. Check out everyone's progress over at Freshly Pieced.



8 comments:

  1. I love that Jungle Paths pattern. Yours looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the whales in person again. This thing is getting seriously big!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh there's a sneak peek of the pouch you were mentioning! I am excited to see the whole thing. :D Also, that quilt is fab! And huge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you got that quilt top put together quick! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilt! I love the use of the very graphic fabrics on the background! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah, this is looking awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic job! This is really good!!!

    ReplyDelete