Sunday, March 31, 2013

Lovely March finish


I finished! My March goal was to start and finish a big quilt for a friend who just had a baby. The quilt is called Whales and Sails. You can read more about it in my other recent posts. Here is my goal setting post.

It isn't washed and it is wet and rainy out so you don't get any good pics. Next month I have to pick a less lofty goal. whew. I promise I will show you the quilt in all its glory when it washed up and not covered in dog fur.

Oh I am really into machine blanket stitching down my binding for kid quilts. Sturdy and cute. Linking up with a few hours to spare.

2 comments:

  1. You did it! A twin size quilt in a month might be pushing it for me. I'm sure your friend is so pleased with the results. Have you mentioned what color that background solid is? I like it with the blues and it is much more kid-practical than Snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is crazy fast!
    And that is a GREAT quilt - love the colours, the pattern, and the wave-y quilting :)
    (and is that a pieced binding I see before me?)

    ReplyDelete