Thursday, October 4, 2012

Philisophical Pfridays

Hey look up. Any ideas on how to get my custom header to look normal???|
Sew Hungry
Fridays are for thinking about anything but work. So grab a button from my sidebar to play along.

I've been thinking about friends and family lately because I am going home on Saturday for the first time in over a year. I am pretty terrible at keeping in touch so I will be armed with gifts to make up for me being a bad daughter/sister/friend.

My mom will finally get her Bargello
Bargello in the breeze
I'll show you a picture of it on her bed and let you know what she thinks of it when I return next week.

I also made these placemats a while back and never photographed them until today. I will give them to my longtime friends. The center blocks were made using the same improv piecing technique I spoke about in my latest WIP wednesday post

Improv placemats 

The blocks were sashed in a cream from Connecting Threads and bound with the same cream. I usually use a contrasting binding but I like the floating effect this gives.

Brown town 
Brown Town

Purple pop 
Purple Pop

blue ocean 
Blue ocean

close up of fish section and quilting 
I quilted with loops. Here is a close up of the quilting and the fishy.

red hot 
Red Hot (I know the names of these are sooo original)

The other side of the placemats 
Here are the other sides of the placemats. See I only made 4 but both sides are really pretty and unique so you will never get bored. Bow down to the placemats!

Think pink 
Think Pink. Love the little birds in this one.

greenbean 
Green Bean

sunshine yellow 
Sunshine Yellow

elephant gray 
Elephant Gray

close up of elephant!
Close up of elephant and quilting detail. I think this might be my favorite side. Or maybe the blue one. Its hard to pick a favorite. I love the style of these so much that I am making more of the center blocks and will be turning it into a quilt.

My pups help to take the pictures
SeƱor Leuko Pup

Madame Cypress Hound

This post ended up not being so philosophical but I can't be profound all the time. I will be away all weekend and in complete sewing withdraw when I return late Monday night. 

Happy Friday Quilteroonies.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I love your placemats - the colour blocking is so effective. Just gorgeous :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your placemats. Good idea making them two sided. Sweet pups too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just can't handle the FLUFFINESS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we need to get html doing for dummies...

    ReplyDelete