Sunday, September 9, 2012

A birthday weekend

This weekend was great. Full of sewing, Mellow Mushroom and friends. These are the great birthday gifts I got:


This shirt from K combines two of my favorite things: science and food. 

A little washi Alabama applique from S. 

Went to Mellow Mushroom my favorite pizza spots in B'ham with a few friends. Here is my cake. K and S made it-
It's a Carcassonne cake! see...


Holy HSTs Batman. I bought a quilty mug. It makes me super happy. It was only $1.50 at Target.



Onward to the sewing. I had a productive crafternoon with K on Sunday. I made progress on the roller rink quilt. All of the block centers are done. Excuse the lighting in this pic the colors are not muddy in person I swear. 

Scrappysaurus rex is done, but you don't get to see it yet because I am a big meanie like that. I went with a scrappy stripy binding.


K made a mustache block for Can't grow a mo' sew a mo' charity quilt. I think it is hilarious. Mustache love. Mustache is hard to spell.
Made by K from Crafternoon Delight

The weather was perfect. The dogs were happy. The cats love quilts. My hubs survived his first surgery rotation and doesn't have to go to work until 8am tomorrow. Life is good.



1 comment: